Our system provides you with some of the most advanced tools in the industry. At Total Travel Insurance you are able to research information about any of our 16 travel insurance partners. In the insurance industry these companies are referred to as Plan Administrators. In this capacity, they are responsible for issuing and administering insurance policies.
About Medjet Assist
Medjet is a worldwide medical evacuation and repatriation membership program operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on a membership basis.
Medjet arranges transport for its members who are hospitalized more than 150 miles from their primary residence, either in the U.S. or abroad, to the hospital of their choice. The company utilizes a global fleet of authorized affiliates who provide medically equipped & staffed aircraft, permanently configured as mobile intensive care units. The services are completely bedside to bedside and inclusive of all medical care including ground transportation. Membership also includes ongoing monitoring of members’ medical condition, status communications & translation assistance for foreign medical reports.
What makes Medjet unique in comparison to standard travel/medical insurance, typical assistance plans or platinum card benefits? Here are the key answers:
- Medjet arranges comprehensive medical evacuation and transport services to the member’s home hospital or hospital of their choice virtually anywhere in the world…NOT just to the “nearest appropriate hospital.”
- Medjet transport criteria does not have requirements stipulating critical or life-threatening illness or injury. The protected member merely requires inpatient status on return to the hospital setting of their choice.
- Medjet is a membership program with no monetary limit to its benefits. Domestic air-medical evacuation services normally average $20,000 to $35,000 while international transports can easily exceed $100,000. As a Medjet member, the membership fee is the only expenditure to the member for complete domestic and international protection.
- Medjet has no health questions up or pre-existing condition exclusions for up to age 75.
- Medjet has no claim forms, co-payments, deductibles, subrogation or waiting periods.
Membership is applicable for parties that have a primary address in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico. The membership protection allows for up to 90 consecutive days of travel outside their country of primary residence during the membership year. Medjet also has extended-stay/expatriate membership availability for parties from the U.S., Canada or Mexico that are traveling or based internationally for more than 90 consecutive days per year.