Travel Guard Cruise, Tour & Travel Plan
Travel Insurance Plan - Cruise, Tour & Travel
Our Platinum plan for travelers who want our most comprehensive package of travel insurance coverage and assistance. Provides our highest limits of medical coverage plus additional benefits when purchased within 15 days of your initial trip payment, including coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and financial default. Optional Coverages include Cancel for Any Reason, Cancel for Work Reasons and Medical Evacuation home or to the hospital of your choice.
Total Travel Insurance allows you to:
Compare plan coverages, review plan's
certificates of insurance, and purchase a policy, if
a quote details have been completed. When a quote has
been completed, you will see Plan Cost listed for all
travelers. If you are not eligible, the plan cost
will not be available.
Plan Details for Cruise, Tour & Travel from Travel Guard
|Company||Travel Guard|| |
|Plan Name||Cruise, Tour & Travel|
|Product||Total Travel Protection (Per Trip)|
|Plan Description||Our Platinum plan for travelers who want our most comprehensive package of travel insurance coverage and assistance. Provides our highest limits of medical coverage plus additional benefits when purchased within 15 days of your initial trip payment, including coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and financial default. Optional Coverages include Cancel for Any Reason, Cancel for Work Reasons and Medical Evacuation home or to the hospital of your choice.|
|Plan Plus Points|| Most comprehensive plan available from Travel Guard.|
|Plan Minus Points|| More expensive than other Travel Guard plans.|
|Underwritten By||National Union Fire of Pennsylvania||Click Go to see A.M. Best Ratings for this underwriter|
|Location||New York, NY|
|A.M. Best Number||02035|
|A.M. Best Rating||A (Excellent)|
|You are covered for the following reasons if you need to make a claim on this policy:|
There may be other reasons you can make a claim, please click on the certificate button or see individual coverage descriptions for more info.
|TRIP CANCELLATION / TRIP INTERRUPTION:
The Insurer will pay this Primary benefit up to the Maximum Limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits if a Trip is delayed, canceled, or interrupted due to any of the following Unforeseen reasons:
- Sickness, Injury, or death of an Insured, Immediate Family Member, or Traveling Companion. Injury or Sickness must be so disabling as to reasonably cause a Trip to be delayed, canceled, or interrupted.
- Financial Default of an airline, cruise line, or tour operator resulting in the complete cessation of services. Excluded is the organization from which the Insured purchased his/her Trip and this coverage. Financial Default occurring on or before the Insured's coverage effective date or less than fourteen days after the Insured's coverage effective date will not be covered.
This coverage applies only if insurance was purchased within fifteen calendar days of "initial trip payment". "Initial trip payment" means the date the first deposit is made to the Insured's Travel Agent toward
the cost of his/her Trip.;
- Termination of employment or layoff affecting the Insured or his/her Traveling Companion; must have been with the same employer for at least five continuous years;
- Inclement Weather causing delay or cancellation of travel;
- the Insured's principal residence or Destination being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, vandalism, burglary, or Natural Disaster;
- the Insured being subpoenaed, required to serve on jury duty, hijacked, or quarantined;
- being involved in or delayed due to a traffic accident en route to departure;
- military duty (the Insured having his/her leave revoked or being reassigned within 10 days of departure date);
- the Insured or a Traveling Companion being the victim of a Felonious Assault within 10 days prior to his/her departure date; and
- a Terrorist Incident in a City listed on the Insured's itinerary within 30 days of the Insured's scheduled arrival. "City" means an incorporated municipality having defined borders and does not include the high seas, uninhabited areas, or airspace.