Travelex Insurance TraveLite Plan
Travel Insurance Plan - TraveLite
Plan covers trip cancellation, interruption and delay, accident and sickness medical expense, baggage loss, damage and delay, travel assistance, accidental death, and more. For US residents only.
Total Travel Insurance allows you to:
Compare plan coverages, review plan's
certificates of insurance, and purchase a policy, if
a quote details have been completed. When a quote has
been completed, you will see Plan Cost listed for all
travelers. If you are not eligible, the plan cost
will not be available.
Plan Details for TraveLite from Travelex Insurance
|Company||Travelex Insurance|| |
|Product||Total Travel Protection (Per Trip)|
|Plan Description||Plan covers trip cancellation, interruption and delay, accident and sickness medical expense, baggage loss, damage and delay, travel assistance, accidental death, and more. For US residents only.|
|Plan Plus Points|| Always Primary Coverage - in the event of a claim, there are no deductibles and you file with Travelex first.|
|Plan Minus Points|| Rental Vehicle Damage Protection benefit is not available in Oregon.|
|Underwritten By||Old Republic Insurance Company||Click Go to see A.M. Best Ratings for this underwriter|
|A.M. Best Number||00733|
|A.M. Best Rating||A+ (Superior)|
|You are covered for the following reasons if you need to make a claim on this policy:|
There may be other reasons you can make a claim, please click on the certificate button or see individual coverage descriptions for more info.
You are covered for the amount purchased for Published Penalties and unused non-refundable prepaid expenses for Travel Arrangements, whenever You are prevented from taking a Covered Trip for any of the following reasons that occur after the Effective Date of Your Protection Plan:
- Any serious Injury or any unforeseen serious Sickness:
- occurring to You, Your Business Partner or a Traveling Companion, which is so disabling as to cause a reasonable person to delay, cancel, or interrupt their trip;
- occurring to Your Family Member that is considered life threatening or requiring hospitalization; or
- occurring to Your Family Member requiring Your immediate care. The cause of cancellation must be as the result of medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Legally Qualified Physician at the time of loss preventing Your continued participation in the Covered Trip;
- Your death, the death of Your Family Member, Business Partner or Your Traveling Companion;
- Unforeseen Bankruptcy or financial Default of a Travel Supplier (other than the travel agency or organization from whom You purchased the Travel Arrangements) which stops service after Your Covered Trip departure or more than 14 days following Your Protection Plan Effective Date. This coverage applies only if it was purchased within 21 days from the date the initial deposit is paid on the Covered Trip;
- An Organized Labor Strike that causes complete cessation of travel services for at least 48 consecutive hours;
- Unforeseen Inclement Weather which causes complete cessation of services of Your Common Carrier for at least 24 hours;
- Employer termination or layoff, through no fault of yours, affecting You or a person(s) sharing the same room. Employment must have been with the same employer for at least three (3) consecutive years;
- A Terrorist Incident in Your city of departure or destination occurring after the policy Effective Date, if You are scheduled to arrive in that city within 30 days following the Terrorist Incident;
- You or Your Traveling Companion being hijacked, quarantined, called for jury duty, or called for a court ordered appearance as a witness (except law enforcement officers) in a legal action in which You or Your Traveling Companion is not a party;
- Residence of You or Your Traveling Companion is rendered uninhabitable for unforeseen circumstances;
- Burglary of Your or Your Traveling Companion's residence within ten (10) days of departure or during Your Covered Trip;
- Felonious assault of You or Your Traveling Companion within ten (10) days of departure or during the Covered Trip;
- You or Your Traveling Companion being called to the emergency service of government in the case of military, reservists, police or fire personnel for a natural disaster other than war;
- A traffic accident directly involving either You or Your Traveling Companion, substantiated by a police report, while enroute to a scheduled departure point.
REISSUE FEE BENEFIT
If Your Travel Supplier cancels the Covered Trip, You are covered up to $150 for the reissue fee charged by the airline for Your tickets. You must have covered the entire cost of the Covered Trip including the airfare.
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT UPGRADE BENEFIT
You are also covered for the single supplement upgrade when Your Traveling Companion cancels or interrupts a Covered Trip for a covered reason and You do not.
All cancellations must be reported to the Travel Supplier within 72 hours of the event causing the need to cancel unless the event prevents it, and then as soon as is reasonably possible. If the cancellation is not reported within the specified 72-hour period, The Company will not pay for additional charges which would not have been incurred had You notified the Travel Supplier in the specified period. If the event prevents You from reporting the cancellation, the 72-hour notice requirement does not apply; however, and You must, if requested, provide proof that said event prevented You from reporting the cancellation within the specified period.