|TRIP CANCELLATION / TRIP INTERRUPTION:
We will pay for non-refundable, unused payments and deposits, not to exceed the lesser of the amount of the total trip protection purchased, or the Maximum Benefit shown on the Certificate Schedule, if the Insuredís Covered Trip is cancelled or interrupted for any one of the following reasons which occurs after the Insuredís Effective Date:
- Illness, Injury or Death to the Insured Person, an Insuredís Family Member, a Travel Companion or a Travel Companionís Family Member. Injury or Illness must be so disabling as to reasonably cause a Covered Trip to be delayed, cancelled or interrupted upon the advice of a Physician.
- Bankruptcy or Financial Default of a Travel Supplier (other than the Travel Supplier from whom the Insured purchased this coverage) which stops service more than 30 days following the Insuredís Effective Date. Bankruptcy or Financial Default of a Travel Supplier within 30 days of the Insuredís Effective Date is excluded from coverage. For the Bankruptcy or Financial Default coverage to apply, the coverage must be purchased within 14 days from the date of the initial deposit for the Covered Trip.
- A Terrorist Incident after the Effective Date, if the Insured is scheduled to arrive at their Destination within 10 days following the Terrorist Incident and, for Trip Interruption, the Travel Supplier is not offering a substitute itinerary. Coverage for travel to the Insuredís Destination for which travel warnings have been issued at the time this coverage is purchased is excluded. Coverage for travel to the Insuredís Destination in which such a documented and reported Terrorist Incident has occurred in the 12 months prior to the purchase of the coverage is excluded.
- Organized Labor Strike, natural disasters or bad weather resulting in the complete cessation of services by a Travel Supplier for at least 24 consecutive hours.
- Insured Person or Travel Companion being hijacked, medically quarantined by order of a governmental health authority.
- Jury Duty when a jury summons is issued after the Insuredís Effective Date or the Insured Person is served with a court order issued after the Insuredís Effective Date requiring the Insured Person to appear during the time period for the Covered Trip.
- Insuredís or Travel Companionís home made uninhabitable by fire, windstorm, vandalism or flood.
- A traffic Accident directly involving either the Insured Person or Travel Companion, substantiated by a police report, while en route to a scheduled departure point.
- The Insured Person or Travel Companion, who is on active military duty in the United States Armed Forces or an active duty police officer or fire fighter: (1) having his or her personal leave revoked within 10 days prior to his or her Departure Date (as long as such revocation is in writing by a superior officer and is not due to war-related situations, Terrorist Incident, invocation of the War Powers Act, base or unit mobilization, unit reassignment for any reason, or disciplinary action); or (2) personal reassignment within 10 days prior to his or her Departure Date, whether temporary or permanent.
- Employee termination or layoff if the Insured Person has been employed by the same employer for at least 1 year prior to the Insuredís Effective Date.