What Is Covered?
All benefits, except Hospital Indemnity, Lost Checked Luggage, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Common Carrier Accidental Death, are subject to the Deductible and Coinsurance. Limits apply to all benefits (See Schedule of Benefits and Limits): Medical:
- Inpatient and Outpatient charges made by a Hospital.
- Charges made by a Physician, surgeon, radiologist, anesthesiologist, and any other medical specialist to whom the Physician has referred the case.
- Charges made for dressings, sutures, casts or other supplies prescribed by the attending Physician or specialist, but excluding nebulizers, oxygen tanks, diabetic supplies and all devices for repeat use at home.
- Charges for diagnostic testing using radiology, ultrasonographic or laboratory services.
- Charges for oxygen and other gases and anesthetics and their administration.
- Charges for prescription drugs for treatment of a covered Injury or Illness, but not for the replacement of lost, stolen, damaged, expired or otherwise compromised drugs.
- Charges made by a licensed Extended Care Facility upon direct transfer from an acute care Hospital.
- Emergency local ambulance transport incurred in connection with Injury or Illness resulting in inpatient hospitalization.
Complications of Pregnancy:
Treatment of Complications of Pregnancy during the first 26 weeks of Pregnancy is covered under this insurance. Complications of Pregnancy is defined as: Illnesses whose diagnoses are distinct from Pregnancy, but are adversely affected by Pregnancy or caused by Pregnancy, and not associated with a normal Pregnancy. This includes: ectopic Pregnancy, spontaneous abortion, hyperemesis gravidarum, pre-eclampsia, eclampsia, missed abortion and conditions of comparable severity.
If you are hospitalized as an Inpatient for treatment of a covered Illness or Injury, the Atlas Series will provide $100 for each night you spend in the hospital. This benefit is in addition to payments for other covered expenses and is not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance.
Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Condition:
If you are a US Citizen under age 70 and purchase a minimum of 3 months of coverage initially, you are covered for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition. Coverage available is 10% of the Maximum Overall Limit purchased, up to a maximum of $50,000. An Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.